Product Grading Scale
Pin grading is subjective and varies from maker to maker. Since enamel pins are handmade items, they rarely, if ever, will appear 'perfect'. We kept this in mind while creating our grading scale!
We will always do our best to send out the best pins available! ♡ If there is a major issue, please send photos and an explanation of your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
The highest quality of pin that we offer. Free of major imperfections, but may exhibit the following *minor* imperfections:
- Superficial marks or scratches on metal or enamel surface
- Superficial specks, dots, or bubbles on enamel
- Slightly low or uneven fills
- Imperfections on the back or side of pin
- Slight darker flecks of glitter and/or small specks of stray glitter (on glitter pins)
- Slightly misaligned screenprinting (on screenprinted pins)
- Other superficial imperfections that are only visible upon very close-up inspection and/or from looking at the pin under certain lighting or from a specific angle.
Seconds PinsSeconds pins have one or multiple defects exhibited below:
- Noticeable smudges and/or staining on the metal or enamel surface
- Oxidization of the metal
- Noticeable and/or deep scratches that span across the metal and/or enamel
- Loose posts/backings
- Very low fills in larger or visually important areas
We do not offer Perfect/Collector's Grade pins, sorry!
Due to the handmade nature of the Froggie Ita Bags, there exist a range of cosmetic imperfections. Grading is based only on cosmetic appearance. All bags, regardless of grade, should be fully functional.
The 3 categories of grades are A, B, and C:
A Grade - “Great, Closest to Perfect”
A Grade bags are the highest quality grade offered, and were the standard for our Kickstarter reward fulfillment. There are little to no A Grade bags left in stock post-campaign.
An A Grade bag should have no overall distracting cosmetic imperfections. The worst offending imperfections on an A Grade bag are typically a stray thread along stitching (which can easily be snipped off with scissors), a barely visible surface scratch on the clear panel, or a miniscule speck on the bag body or front panel. These “flaws” are usually so small or insignificant, that they are too difficult to photograph -- but if purchasing, please be aware that they may be present.
B Grade - “Good with Mild/Minor Imperfection(s)”
B Grade bags exhibit a range of cosmetic imperfections that may be visible, but are overall not too harsh or distracting. These bags encompasses a wide variety of imperfections that can be equivalent to several months of wear and tear.
Examples of B Grade imperfections may include, but are not limited to:
- Screenprint: speck on print area, speck or chip of loose ink, mild area of missing print color, faded/not 100% opaque print, slightly uneven or puffy application of print
- Bag Fabric & Texture: small dents or wrinkles caused by pressure during transit overseas, very small “scratch” textures on bag (likely caused by another bag’s hardware shifting against it), mild loose or lifted threads/stitches (should not compromise bag usability), sections where the material was not glued all of the way or were misaligned (such as the lily pad zipper pulls slightly lifting apart from one another), small “faded/cloudy” area on fabric caused by friction or heat during the manufacturing process, small pleather or adhesive “smear” marks
- Front (Clear) Window Panel: Small pock marks/dents, surface scratches or other miscellaneous surface inconsistencies that are only visible when viewed from certain angle or lighting
C Grade - “Moderate/More Noticeable Imperfection(s), but Acceptable”
C Grade bags exhibit a range of cosmetic imperfections that are, for the most part, detected quickly/may be more distracting, and are almost always visible from nearly any angle. C Grade imperfections include all of the B Grade examples listed above, but in more noticeable or distracting form.