Pin Grading Scale
Pin grading is subjective and varies from maker to maker. Since enamel pins are handmade items, they rarely, if ever, will appear 'perfect'. We kept this in mind while creating our grading scale!
We will always do our best to send out the best pins available! ♡ If there is a major issue, please send photos and an explanation of your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
The highest quality of pin that we offer. Free of major imperfections, but may exhibit the following *minor* imperfections:
- Superficial marks or scratches on metal or enamel surface
- Superficial specks, dots, or bubbles on enamel
- Slightly low or uneven fills
- Imperfections on the back or side of pin
- Slight darker flecks of glitter and/or small specks of stray glitter (on glitter pins)
- Slightly misaligned screenprinting (on screenprinted pins)
- Other superficial imperfections that are only visible upon very close-up inspection and/or from looking at the pin under certain lighting or from a specific angle.
Seconds PinsSeconds pins have one or multiple defects exhibited below:
- Noticeable smudges and/or staining on the metal or enamel surface
- Oxidization of the metal
- Noticeable and/or deep scratches that span across the metal and/or enamel
- Very low fills in larger or visually important areas
- Slightly loose posts/backings
We do not offer Perfect/Collector's Grade pins, sorry!